Music is a performing art and is meant to be shared with an audience. The Milton Academy of Music continually strives to provide the students with multiple opportunities during the year in which to share and show off their art. These performance opportunities fall under two categories.
Concerts are available to every student at the academy and provide a relaxed, non-competitive environment in which the children can perform . We typically have two concerts per year. Benefits of participating in our concerts include:
- Access into one of our many piano, guitar or drum ensembles (the practices are free!)
- Gaining valuable playing experience in a low-pressure environment
- Getting your performance recorded (we film everything!)
- Solo and duet performance opportunities
- Access to free extra help lessons for additional preparation
Competitions provide an opportunity for students to perform music and achieve awards which recognize their hard work and efforts at the competitive level. Students are organized by level and age and compete in a friendly environment. Our competitions are facilitated by the Ontario Music Teachers’ Guild and include studios from across Ontario. Benefits of competitions include:
- Getting adjudicated by world class musicians
- Gaining valuable playing experience
- Access into our competitive ensemble program (again, its free!)
- Opportunity to see the teacher bands perform (check them out here!)
- Valuable preparation experience
Aside from our regularly scheduled concerts and competitions, we also have additional performances every year. In the past we have had Rockbands, Glee Club and solo performances at: Milton Street Fest, The Farmers Market, Milton Strawberry Fest and the Milton Canada Day celebration.
For more information on our performance opportunities, feel free to give us a call or send us an email.