The Academy of Music is a family-run business that was established in Milton in 1982 by our manager Joanne Parker. At the studio, you can expect to meet Joanne Parker (Owner) Sean Parker (Sales Manager) and Glen Parker (piano /accordion teacher). We are at the Academy every day which gives our customers a unique and personalized musical experience.
Since 1982 it has been our mission to provide quality musical education in a fun and engaging way. We follow the Ontario Music Teachers’ Guild syllabus for all of our instruments. This program incorporates a balance of contemporary and classical teaching methods to create an educated and well-rounded musician. We understand that every student is different. Our program can be customized to accommodate any students’ interests and goals. No matter what instrument you choose, Academy students can expect:
- Unlimited make-up lessons
- Access to multiple playing opportunities (check out our Youtube page!)
- Individualized lesson plans
- Graded course of study with exams after every level
- Group performance opportunities (Glee, Rock Band, Guitar Ensemble, Piano Ensemble, Drum Ensemble)
- Post secondary audition preparation
- Music Points!
- Free extra help lessons
These programs have been put in place to maximize each students’ potential and encourage a fun and consistent practice routine. If you would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email any time.